Cloudfarms runs on Android mobile phones and integrates seamlessly to BACK FAT scanners and EAR TAG readers. The integration means you can save time and improve your data quality.
We recommend to use models build for rough environments, with high dust and water resistance and shock prove. The models we have good experience with are:
– Samsung Xcover 3
– CAT B15Q
BACK FAT SCANNERS
Cloudfarms integrates to the Cylinder Back Fat Scanner. The scanner enables you to make back fat scanning and with one click get the information in Cloudfarms:
Cylinder Back Fat Scanner from P. Lindberg (Bluetooth) – The scanner shows the total fat in mm and measures 3 layers. A display shows the result for each layer and it is fully integrated to Cloudfarms via Bluetooth.
In Cloudfarms you can then see the back fat history per animal and e.g. make correlation between back fat at service time to the amount of live/still born
EAR TAG SCANNERS
Cloudfarms integrate to the following LF and UHF ear tags scanners either via Blue Tooth or it is directly build into the device. The ear tag number is automatically displayed in the Cloudfarms app after it is scanned:
- Portable Handheld RFID Stick Reader for Livestock Management
- AllflexRS420 from Allflex – this stick reader has a good reading distance of approx. 40 cm for HDX ø30 mm EID tags.
- XRS Stick reader from Tru-Test – comfortable to use over long periods of time and good battery performance.
UHF/LF reader for ear tags from P. Lindberg – the reader/phone can run Cloudfarms application. It is an all in one solution where the Cloudfarms app and ear tag reader are build into one smart phone device, enabling you to use only one hand for reading the animal ear tag and entering data. This is very flexible and minimizes the data entry time and effort. The smart phone is handy and only a bit larger than a standard smart phone. Reading distance up to 50 cm.
UHF Readers which integrate into Cloudfarms:
- Small UHF reader for a key chain from Blueberry – reading distance up to 5 cm
- UHF RFID dongle reader from Arete Pop you plug into your mobile phone – reading distance up to 5 cm